The Central Office provides administrative, outreach, and policy support to the Mayor and the Borough as a whole.
Central Office staff assists the Mayor in such areas as:
- Formulation and administration of Borough policies.
- Establishing official Borough policies and positions relating to state and federal issues.
- Projects of Borough-wide importance.
- Communication with the villages and the public.
- Policy guidance to all departments.
- Tribal Affairs assistance to tribal entities.
- Assistance to residents, departments, and outside entities in dealing with issues and formulating policy.
- Department re-focusing and re-structuring efforts.
- Support and participation in regional activities, such as Arctic Economic Development Summit (AEDS) and the Alaska Eskimo Whaling Commission.
- Support and participation in international activities, such as Inuit Circumpolar Conference (ICC) and the International Whaling Convention (IWC).
Tina Ortilla, Advisor to the Mayor
Phone Number: (907) 852-0200
Fax Number: (907) 852-0337