How Comprehensive Plans are used:
- Support the preservation of Inupiat values and traditions.
- Provide a clear direction for managing the Boroughs future in the face of new development and declining revenues.
- Guide land use within the Borough and revisions of land use regulations.
- Provide guidance for sound resource and village development.
- Help to manage Borough funds, employees, and facilities more efficiently.
- Assist in obtaining grants for the Borough and villages.
- Aid villages in developing comprehensive plans.
- Help to identify and set priorities for actions by the Borough and its villages.
- Incorporate values of our elders and visions of our youth.
NSB Comprehensive Plan
- NSB Comprehensive Plan 2019-2039 FULL
- Cover, TOC, Acknowledgement and Acronyms
- Executive Summary – English and Inupiat
- Chapter 1: History, Language, and Culture
- Chapter 2: Comprehensive Planning Background
- Chapter 3: Vision 2039
- Chapter 4: Population
- Chapter 5: Natural Environment
- Chapter 6: Subsistence
- Chapter 7: Public Facilities
- Chapter 8: Service Area 10
- Chapter 9: Transportation
- Chapter 10: Energy
- Chapter 11: Housing
- Chapter 12: Education
- Chapter 13: Economic Development
- Chapter 14: Health and Safety
- Chapter 15: Land Use and Land Management
- Chapter 16: Goals
Village Comprehensive Plans
Gordon Brower, Director, Planning Department
Phone Number: (907) 852-0320
Fax Number: (907) 852-0322
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org