Alaska Coastal Management Program
The Alaska Coastal Management Program (ACMP) was allowed by the Legislature to sunset at 12:01 AM, Alaska Standard Time, on July 1, 2011 per AS 44.66.030. The Legislature adjourned without passing legislation required to extend the ACMP. This webpage will be viewable for reference purposes through June 30, 2012. It will then be archived within the Department of Natural Resources. Beginning on July 1, 2011 the website will remain static and there will be no further updates to the content of the former ACMP website. If you have any questions, please contact the DNR’s Commissioner’s Office at 907-269-8400. It will be a 1-1/2 to 2 year process to have a new Alaska Program approved at the federal level.
State Annual Lease Sales
- State 10-Year Revision of North Slope Areawide Lease Sale Best Interest Finding
- Final Finding, summer 2008
- Supplement to the 2008 North Slope Final Finding
- State 10-Year Revision of Beaufort Sea Areawide Lease Sale Best Interest Finding
- Final Finding of the Director, November 2009
- Supplement to the 2009 Beaufort Sea Final Finding
- State 10-Year Revision of North Slope Foothills Areawide Lease Sale Best Interest Finding
- Final Finding of the Director, May 2011
Foothills West Transportation Access Project
“The Foothills West Transportation Access project proposes to construct a road from the Dalton Highway to Umiat. The purpose of the Foothills West Transportation Access Project is to provide access to oil and gas resources both along the northwestern foothills of the Brooks Range, and within the National Petroleum Reserve – Alaska (NPRA). The road would provide both exploration and development opportunities for the area as well as facilitate a more economically feasible NPRA development.” Go to this website for more information. The Corps of Engineers and partner agencies have concluded the scoping phase of an effort to prepare an EIS for this project.
Comments from a public meeting in Nuiqsut, Alaska, on January 14, 2010.
Banner photo credit: Robert Suydam